Literature and Resources
- USC Center for Excellence in Teaching
- USC Center for Excellence in Teaching Resources
- USC Center for Excellence in Teaching Awards and Grants
- USC Center for Excellence in Research
- USC Center for Scholarly Technology
- USC Teaching and Learning Consortium
- Chronicle of Higher Education: Is There a Cure for the Summertime Blues?
- For assistant professors
- For all faculty
- For faculty new to USC
- For dual careers
- For department chairs
Advice for Assistant Professors
While nothing can replace having flesh-and-blood mentors, inside and outside the department, here are four online guides:
- As one example, Some Unofficial Advice for Tenure-track Assistant Professors
- Don’t miss the article Personal Goals by Martin Krieger, USC Professor of Policy, Planning and Development.
- For another point of view, read An Assistant Professor’s Guide to the Galaxy by eminent USC roboticist George Bekey, who is Distinguished Professor Emeritus.
- And professors elsewhere have published advice. For example, take a look at Open Letter to 2010-11′s First-Time Tenure-Track Professors.