Provost Mentoring Awards
The Provost’s Mentoring Award honors an individual faculty member who has demonstrated sustained success in mentoring other USC faculty, graduate students, or undergraduate students, and in helping them to succeed in their own research or professional development.
Full-time faculty members who consistently do one or more of the following:
- Demonstrate long term commitments to mentoring faculty, graduate students, or undergraduate students at USC.
- Offer sound counsel and valuable information to their mentees in order to advance and develop the mentee’s own path to academic, research and professional success.
Generously share their time and expertise in critiquing their mentee’s work.
- Help to create a vital and engaged academic community in their school and at USC.
- Involve peers and students in publications, grants and conferences, as well as readily sharing knowledge of such opportunities.
- Make others aware of the contributions and value of their mentees.
- Serve as role models for their colleagues by maintaining high standards for excellence within their own discipline and at the level of the larger University.
Eligible nominees are full-time faculty who have either won a USC-Mellon Mentoring award in the past or who are nominated by their dean and fulfill the criteria above. Candidates must be nominated by the dean of their school.
Deans only should submit all nomination materials by November 1 to:
Provost’s Mentoring Award
Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, ADM 204